Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/18/2005, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

FS: Livestock in Downey

I made the switch to bare bottom and have decided to let go of some stuff. I haven't decided how much I'm selling but first to go is a 3-1/2" Coral Beauty and a 2-2-1/2" blue/green chromis. I've had them for 7 months and they have grown a bit. Reason I am getting rid of them is because I recently acquired a Maroon Clownfish pair and I don't think they will get along. Both of them have been in a 50 gallon tank. The Coral Beauty was the King of my tank and picked on every new addition. I would like the Coral Beauty to go into a 50+ tank. I don't know too much about pygmy angels, but I think it made the change from female to male based on the drastic color change. Slowly it has become a blueish/purple color and the orange is barely visible. Coral Beauty $25 O.B.O, chromis for free with the Coral Beauty or $3.

This is the way he looked when I first got him:

I have both of them in a 20 gallon tub, so it should be easy to get them.
Old 10/18/2005, 11:40 PM
Registered Member

I haven't decided if I shoulf put a sandbed in one corner for the yashe hasha goby. If anyone is interested, I've had him for a 1-1/2 months. About two weeks ago I bought a pistol shrimp, but after taking the tank down, I haven't been able to locate it. It's a red candy cane pistol shrimp, it's really small less than 1/2" long 1/8" wide. The pair for $50 or $40 for the Goby O.B.O.
Old 10/20/2005, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Price Drop: Coral Beauty $20, Goby+ Pistol $45.
Old 10/20/2005, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

What is the Goby eating? Were you able to locate the shrimp?
Old 10/20/2005, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

I am feeding the Goby Formula 2, and I think other one is called reef one, both made by ocean nutrition. He pretty much eats anything, I throw in frozen krill and formula one in the tank, and he goes after them. I am going to finish taking out things from the tub today and will put them in a 10 gallon tank. I have to remove a lot of rubble to locate the pistol. I take a video of the goby and email it to u if u like.
Old 10/20/2005, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Goby+pistol shrimp pending.