Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/09/2008, 02:22 AM
Registered Member

Ecoreef's 75 gallon build!!! Take 2.

Well after over 6 months of building I finally have a decent number of living creatures in my tank! I still have many things to complete such as mounting doors on the stand, installing my SCWD, refugium lighting, aquascaping, and skimmer completion but it's looking very good so far.

Thanks to reefcentral I got many ideas on how I wanted to build this tank and in the end I decided on a few things.

A) The tank would have a very large refugium compared to the display tank. I love the idea of natural nutrient export via macroalgaes and I love the idea of providing lots of fresh natural food for my fish and corals.

B) The tank also needed a large sump to house the skimmer I am building and any other equipment I don't want in my display or refugium.

C) The tank would have an a very plain but nice looking in-wall like stand. I wanted to be able to hide all my equipmet for a natural look that draws your eyes to the aquarium and not the stand. The stand would also have doors on all sides for easy maintenance.

D) My tank would be very natural and try to make a certain niche within a coral reef(medium-high flow, high light, mainly sps reef).

TANK: Perfecto 75 gallon glass.

SUMP: 50 gallon agrigrate.

REFUGIUM: 50 gallon AGA with DIY glass baffels.

LIGHTING: 250 watt MH with 10K XM bulb and two 48" atintic VHO's(yet to be installed).

FLOW: Two koralia 4's(will be switching to 3's due to sand disturbance), Ocean Runner 2500 return pump, Eshopps dual-overflow.

SKIMMER: DIY needle wheel skimmer with Ocean Runner 2500.

And now some pics!!!! I would love to hear your feedback!!!

Sorry about the bad quality. Better pics coming soon!

Old 01/10/2008, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

Do you guys need better pics for some dialog?