Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/11/2007, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

what happends when I'm bored? (2.5 pico)

This

Found an old 2.5 gallon cricket tank in my garage. took a glance at it and the silicone was still good. Standing there for a breif moment I hardly thought twice about it.. A PICO TANK! the black top frame was just sitting there so I went ahead and took it off and scaped the remaining silicone off. Found a 50W heater and a 80GPH tetra pump from an old FW filter. It was time for a water change on my display any way, so I took about 3 cups of sand a a few pieces of LR along with the water change water and in about 5 minutes had a 2.5 gallon pico up and running. Water has cleared up some what today so I fraged a button polyp and some zooanthids. I also added 1 hermit and 1 black turbo snail to it and they're doing good. I am thinking it will probably just be a miniture zooanthid garden, but I might get some type of very small goby ( clown maybe?) but thats a big maybe. Any way just thought I'd share my new tank! updates to come when I get some more zooanthids!
Old 04/11/2007, 12:23 PM
------------

Looks good, I may have to get bored this week too

Any lighting over that thing yet?
Old 04/11/2007, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

LOL I feel your pain, here is what I did when I got bored;

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1077028
Old 04/11/2007, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

I've got a 20W strip flourescent light that sticks out a bunch on both sides but it works so who cares right? might get the duel 18W coralife fixture when I've got the cash.
Old 04/11/2007, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

I got bored last saturday and set up my new 5g nano. Being bored is an expensive hobby!...LOL..
Old 04/11/2007, 07:08 PM
I <3 Fish.

Get a little clown goby and stick it in there.
Old 04/11/2007, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

almost got a green clown goby but decided to get a coral beauty for my main display instead. I'm gonna montior the temps a little more closely and make sure they're alright before I drop $15 on a clown goby.