Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/16/2007, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

OMGOSH!!! The kids and Hubby want another puppy!!!

Okay well we were offered a full blood lab puppy today for free... Hubby told the girls and of course Kylie went nuts, and Lyssa was a bit excited as well... they're only like 2 days old and there are 13 in the litter...

Now I have to decide yes or no How well would this huge monster of a dog get along with our little Toby? How in the world can we keep 2 dogs w/o me going nuts? Will he/she be as easy to house train as Toby? Will I pull out all of my hair and b/c a bald bimbo??? how in the world do things like this happen to meeeeeee!!!

Christy...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 12/16/2007, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

'cause yer easy.
Old 12/16/2007, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

how old r your kids? i ask cuz labs are great with kids but can be over eger at times and if kids are small knock them down and such. I've has labs on and off all my life. untill they are a couple years old they have bladder control issues when they get excited ..i.e. when the kids come home..... great dogs though, check and see how the parent dogs act thats a good indicator of the attitude of the puppies.

oh yeah and like you think anyone saying no would stop your kids from getting this dog....yeah right lol

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 12/16/2007, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

hmm. lets try it out drauka!

Christy, don't get this dog!!

j/k, labs are awesome!
Old 12/16/2007, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina51
'cause yer easy.

lmao- you are a hoot honey

Quote:
Originally posted by drauka99
how old r your kids? i ask cuz labs are great with kids but can be over eger at times and if kids are small knock them down and such. I've has labs on and off all my life. untill they are a couple years old they have bladder control issues when they get excited ..i.e. when the kids come home..... great dogs though, check and see how the parent dogs act thats a good indicator of the attitude of the puppies.

oh yeah and like you think anyone saying no would stop your kids from getting this dog....yeah right lol

my youngest is 9 so no worries there... just the whole new puppy thing-labs ARE awesome dogs my brother has 2 and they're great!!! We did have a chocolate lab named Cinnamon b/f but she didn't come into our home until she was about 18 weeks old and was not really housebroken didn't listen and I just had the most difficult time with her. she was a great dog and I found her an awesome home through the pet shop I worked at. The gentleman was quite sick and she helped him through the last months of his life- his wife and son called me shortly after he passed away to offer me a puppy and to tell me thank you a zillion times b/c she was the best thing for him I was unable to accept the puppy though at that time...

Hmmm a piddler huh? had a Jake (cocker spaniel) that pee'd everywhere- bottom line Toby is the first puppy that has worked in our home and I'm afraid of ruining this whole "puppy-doggy" experience that we have working for us at the moment, ya know???

Quote:
Originally posted by dwd5813
hmm. lets try it out drauka!

Christy, don't get this dog!!

j/k, labs are awesome!

I think I reallly want one though, honestly I do...

Christy...

panties...?

lace panties...?

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 12/16/2007, 11:23 PM
Premium Member

sounds like a fair trade to me...
Old 12/16/2007, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Altpers0na
sounds like a fair trade to me...

What am I trading???

Christy...

panties...?

lace panties...?

Old 12/16/2007, 11:43 PM
Registered Member

Is it possible to bring Toby around the lab and see how they interact? or bring the lab into your house for a while to see the interaction in Toby's environment?
Old 12/16/2007, 11:55 PM
Premium Member

hubby / kids for lab...
Old 12/16/2007, 11:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dwd5813
Is it possible to bring Toby around the lab and see how they interact? or bring the lab into your house for a while to see the interaction in Toby's environment?

Oh I'm sure when it's time for the puppies to leave their mommy anything will be possible- they are a nice family. He said he can't see selling a dog, or buying a dog for that matter as long as you are going to love the dog-take it to the vet and such then that's payment enough...

heck it wouldn't be for another 2 months yet- lots of time to realllly think about this...

Christy...

panties...?

lace panties...?

Old 12/17/2007, 12:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Altpers0na
hubby / kids for lab...

but "they" are the ones that "want" the puppy- it's me that is "thinking" about the whole nine yards of owning a big dog!!!

I even told the girls big dog= big pooop

Christy...

panties...?

lace panties...?

Old 12/17/2007, 01:18 AM
On "The List"

<<<<<<<<
labs are wonderful family dogs
most vets don't tell you this, they're born deaf & their hearing does not fully develop until somewhere between the age of 2 & 3
(beileving that keeps you from beating them to a pulp when they ignore you )
disclaimer, I love my pooch & do not advocate dawg abuse, but when they look at you & run away... bad thoughts, real bad thoughts

take the puppy & mail it to me, don't forget to poke airholes in the box

what color labs?

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 12/17/2007, 01:40 AM
Premium Member

that explains the stupid looks the give you...
Old 12/17/2007, 06:42 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Get the dog.

Have the kids clean up its poo.

Or change your username to TheScroogeBimboo

Too old for women to care