Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/15/2007, 03:49 PM
Premium Member

Heads up on thecoralbroker.com

Do yourselves a favor and don't order from this new RC sponsor.
Old 10/15/2007, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

What happened?
Old 10/15/2007, 03:58 PM
Premium Member

I don't want to get in to details as the problem is not yet resolved. But as soon as it is I will let you guys know.
Old 10/15/2007, 05:19 PM
Resident physicist.

IMO, if your problem is not resolved yet (but in the process or being resolved) you might want to keep a little quiet on telling people not to buy from them.
Old 10/15/2007, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

That sucks Dave. Hope it all works out.
Old 10/15/2007, 05:53 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sfsuphysics
IMO, if your problem is not resolved yet (but in the process or being resolved) you might want to keep a little quiet on telling people not to buy from them.
I understand where you are coming from Mike, but there is definately a problem, and I thought I'd give out a warning until this place gets their stuff together.
Old 10/17/2007, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

I've checked out their site and found several corals, blastos in particular, that interest me. With their 30-40% off sale their pricing looks very good and I almost bought some but now will see how Cozen's order pans out before making a purchase.
Old 10/17/2007, 01:33 PM
Tailspot Blenny

we don't even know what the problem is... you're killing us =X
Old 10/17/2007, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

I think Dave recieved nothing.
Old 10/17/2007, 04:51 PM
Premium Member

I'm updating my paypal claim to a dispute today because I'm sick of this. I'll tell everyone when this problem gets fixed if it ever does.
Old 10/17/2007, 04:58 PM
Premium Member

Well, I just updated itt to a dispute, so it's in paypal's hands now. They said they will try and take care of it within 30 days. Hope you guys are patient =).

But honestly, do yourselves a favor and avoid this place until they get their stuff together. Even a few other ppl have had problem if you read their forums here on RC.
Old 10/17/2007, 04:59 PM
Tailspot Blenny

you probably should've held off on this post until you're ready to explain what happened... because now we're all avoiding the sponsor but who knows, what if it turns out to be nothing? But we don't know that =X
Old 10/17/2007, 05:00 PM
Premium Member

Ive ordered twice from them and received nice pieces of LPS. The only thing that irritated me was that they don't send out a tracking number upon shipment, even after several emails and a phone call to request it.

But sure enough the shipment arrived within a day of not getting notified if they were shipped or not. So, prices are tempting but 2 orders of mine have come through as pictured on their site. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10/17/2007, 05:18 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Selski12
Ive ordered twice from them and received nice pieces of LPS. The only thing that irritated me was that they don't send out a tracking number upon shipment, even after several emails and a phone call to request it.

But sure enough the shipment arrived within a day of not getting notified if they were shipped or not. So, prices are tempting but 2 orders of mine have come through as pictured on their site. Just my 2 cents.
Ok well my situation is similar to yours. Here is the semi short version. I never received a tracking number or an email or anything. Well actually I received spam emails alerting me of a sale they are having once a day for the first 5 days. No responses to emails or phone calls for 6 days concerning my order.

Then after a paypal claim was made a week later after zero contact from them, I finally get a reply, LITERALLY saying "did you receive your package ok?" And that was it. I checked to see if I received anything with the front desk of my building who is always there. And nothing. It's now been a few days later and still no response or package received. I asked for a refund and that I didn't want my order anymore incase they were thinking of shipping it out now and they have made no effect to contact me or send me a refund.

Yes you can say it's not resolved and I shouldn't say this and that until it is, but this was to inform people of interest that IMO they shouldn't order from this place until they get their customer service and business practice in order.

If you think I'm in the wrong here, that's ok. If you still want to order from them, even that is ok. It's your choice and I can't tell you what to do. this is just my experience.

Hope that helps =)

Last edited by Cozen89; 10/17/2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10/17/2007, 05:26 PM
Tailspot Blenny

ah, thanks for giving your end of the story. I was more in suspense than anything else. hope your paypal claim goes through ok.
Old 10/17/2007, 05:29 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinetic
ah, thanks for giving your end of the story. I was more in suspense than anything else. hope your paypal claim goes through ok.
Sorry if it was anti climactic for you hahahahaha. But at least you now know and can decide for yourself. Sweet, I just got 2 more emails about a sale from them! Maybe I'm just not reading between the lines?
Old 10/17/2007, 05:33 PM
Tailspot Blenny

you're boring! =)

but thanks for the heads up
Old 10/17/2007, 05:40 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinetic
you're boring! =)

but thanks for the heads up
Yeah, no bar fight followed by an extreme car chase ending in a to-the death-grappling match with a grizzly bear on a rope bridge over the grand canyon.........

not to mention our daredevil hero has been battling the runs all day.......
Old 10/17/2007, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

hope everything gets resolved. Even though I received the 2 orders, Im a bit hesitant to do a 3rd one.
Old 10/18/2007, 03:28 AM
Registered Member

I work in the retail harley market, and I get guys that order on Friday after 9pm, select 2day shipping, and call monday afternoon wondering why Fed ex or UPS did not stop by.

When you say 6 days, is that business days, or actual day days?

Any way you look at it its still not acceptable. Absolutely zero communication after the order? not even thanks for ordering, or an invoice? Maby thats how they roll in Texas?

NOTE: Please forgive my spelling....lol, its the thought that counts right?
Old 10/18/2007, 05:12 AM
Premium Member

It was ordered last monday night. So say tuesday. It's now the following wednesday/going on thursday. No matter how many business days that is, how about a confirmation number or a email saying hey, sorry it's taking so long this is what's going on. Takes about 1 minute to do. But the only email I have received was "hey did you receive your package ok?" What package? What tracking number? When was it shipped? How was it shipped? Nothing on my doorstep or proof of any shipment. Not acceptable business practice.

Ok, venting done for now.....
Old 10/18/2007, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cozen89
It was ordered last monday night. So say tuesday. It's now the following wednesday/going on thursday. No matter how many business days that is, how about a confirmation number or a email saying hey, sorry it's taking so long this is what's going on. Takes about 1 minute to do. But the only email I have received was "hey did you receive your package ok?" What package? What tracking number? When was it shipped? How was it shipped? Nothing on my doorstep or proof of any shipment. Not acceptable business practice.

Ok, venting done for now.....

WOW thats totally unaceptable.
Maby they arent up to speed on the whole internet thing.
Maby there 1st focus is phone calls, and walk ins. Do they even have a bricks and mortor, or is it out of some guys garage?

So they dont answer the phone during the day?

Ya know its funny, im in the web/internet business, and I HATE ordering online, I ALWAYS like to talk to a human, on the phone when I order ANYTHING.

NOTE: Please forgive my spelling....lol, its the thought that counts right?
Old 10/18/2007, 03:00 PM
Premium Member

Well today paypal decided in my favor and the coral broker issued my refund. Along with the refund they sent me a message saying they never received any calls and some of them were out of town. And after that 2 incomplete sentences that I'm not sure what they meant.

Either way I got my refund so it's closed and I'm satisfied. I wonder what happened to the package they "sent" me.

Just be careful and if you are going to order from this place I'd suggest calling until they pick up and making sure you get a confirmation # and an invoice over the phone.
Old 10/18/2007, 05:38 PM
Premium Member

Not to pile on, but there were a few items that looked real cool and were reasonably priced which I wanted to buy from them. After I e-mailed a couple questions about when the items would be shipped I didn't get a response to 2 different e-mails. The lack of response & Cozen's experience convinced me to look elseware.
Old 10/18/2007, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

Don't get me wrong, they have some interesting pieces and my intention wasn't to turn you guys away from them. Just be careful and make sure you talk to someone and make sure they know what you want and that they will give you tracking numbers etc. I personally would call until I got to talk to someone if you HAVE to order something.