Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/02/2007, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Which is better???

Ipod 80 gb or Zune 80 gb ???

Christy...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 12/02/2007, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

I'd rather have the Ipod, based on my experiences thus far with apple's customer support.
Old 12/02/2007, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

i finally caved in and bought an apple product. got one of the new 30 gig Ipods. so far, i'm very happy.

There were plenty of fish in the sea, but i wasn't ready to hang up my tacklebox.
Old 12/02/2007, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dwd5813
I'd rather have the Ipod, based on my experiences thus far with apple's customer support.

Why have you had to use customer support? (just wondering)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey Porter
i finally caved in and bought an apple product. got one of the new 30 gig Ipods. so far, i'm very happy.

Have you used videos with it? Which software do you use? I would really hate to have to subscribe to a service when all we do now is buy from China-Mart and use Musicmatch for transfers...

Christy-

panties...?

lace panties...?

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 12/02/2007, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

i haven't used video's on it, but it is the video one. all i use is itunes which i had to download before installing it on my computer. haven't done anything else with it yet. basically all of my music was transferred to itunes automatically, i deleted what i didn't want and when i connect the ipod it updates with whatever is in the itunes. so far almost 2800 songs on it and thats about 1/3 of the memory available.

There were plenty of fish in the sea, but i wasn't ready to hang up my tacklebox.
Old 12/02/2007, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

ipod
Old 12/02/2007, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

actually i have only ever called about my macbook. when i first set up my printer i couldnt get it to work with the airport but they walked me through it step by step and waited until i printed some pages. they were very nice and answered all my questions. i don't think i've ever actually had to call about the ipod. the only trouble i have ever had with that is one time when it froze, but a quick reset took care of that and i did not lose any files.
Old 12/02/2007, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

They're basically the same price- But I'd rather not have to subscribe to a certain music d/l provider. We have tons of music already that we put in from purchased cd's- and we buy from china-mart. I'm just terrified that we won't be able to use the music we already have ...

Christy

panties...?

lace panties...?

Old 12/02/2007, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

any cd you have can be imported into itunes and loaded onto the ipod. it is very simple, all you do is insert the cd with itunes open and it will ask if you want to import. say yes, and that's it. you can buy cards for the itunes store as well, which will allow you to legally download songs to itunes.
Old 12/02/2007, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dwd5813
any cd you have can be imported into itunes and loaded onto the ipod. it is very simple, all you do is insert the cd with itunes open and it will ask if you want to import. say yes, and that's it. you can buy cards for the itunes store as well, which will allow you to legally download songs to itunes.

Can I transfer my existing music ??? and what about the video and movies???

Christy-

panties...?

lace panties...?

Old 12/02/2007, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBimbo

Christy-
Go Ipod - I have a 30G and I love it.

There's a way to transfer over your existing music files into your Ipod library, but you can't transfer the Ipod format into another type of player. At least that's what my kids told me. If you want me to ask them, let me know but that's what they did for my Ipod.

Cheryl
Old 12/02/2007, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by clavery
Go Ipod - I have a 30G and I love it.

There's a way to transfer over your existing music files into your Ipod library, but you can't transfer the Ipod format into another type of player. At least that's what my kids told me. If you want me to ask them, let me know but that's what they did for my Ipod.

Cheryl

I just may take you up on that one Cheryl... She just came down a bit ago and asked me to take her to Circuit City tomorrow so that she can "look" for something... she ain't stupid I know she knows what she's getting ... But I'd rather her choose it, right?

Atleast Kylie is still into getting surprise gifts...

Christy...

panties...?

lace panties...?

Old 12/02/2007, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBimbo

Christy-
i don't have a video ipod, but the way it works for me is by clicking on "add to library" and choosing the existing file. I can't see it working any different with a video version, but you may ask someone who uses one to verify that.
Old 12/03/2007, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

when i installed itunes it automatically asked if i wanted to import all my music files already on my computer. then after it imported them i just deleted what i didn't want on it.

Old 12/03/2007, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

Then it doesn't sound as bad as I thought ...

Now she's rethinking the 80gb down to the like 40gb ??? She's about as indecisive as I am ...

Christy...

panties...?

lace panties...?

Old 12/03/2007, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

it's really very simple software to use.
Old 12/03/2007, 08:10 AM
Touch me...Love me

I have an iPod and its cool. The only time you will have an issue is trying to import a song you downloaded off of a LEGAL provider such as Napster. There is some type of incription on it and it's a pain in the butt to get to work. Other than that, transfering cd's is as easy as it can get.

SBC

it'll make a turd - Minuteman

This thread is just about to be closed - Anemone
Old 12/03/2007, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

Christy -

Yes you can use the existing music files, I woudl go with the ipod - so far there are far more accesories avalible for it than the Zune. Let her find a size she likes (weight is an issue). Itunes is really easy to use, I wouldn't recomend doing as Jeffrey did because sometimes if you don't pay attention to what settings you are adcepting you can end up with all the sound effects that are on your computer on your ipod

as dwd said under file is the "add to library" options, one if "add file to library" this is to add one song at a time. the other is -add folder to library - this will add all the contents of the folder to your library. This will work great for adding all the music you currently have on your computer to the ipod for use.

Suggestion - if possible charge the ipod before you wrap it and perhaps go ahead and add the music to it for her. that way when she opens the gift she can get right down to listening

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche