View Single Post
Old 12/18/2006, 02:15 AM
Fantasy Coral

Here is the original For Sale post as posted by BubbleMonkeyIII

For sale: (SOCAL PEOPLE SAVE ON SHIPPING WILL ALLOW LOCAL PICKUP! )

Odyssea HQI/ T5 light fixture only WITH BULBS! Stock Ballast is toast from day one (shocked me) so threw it away. But the FIXTURE and BULBS are BRAND NEW and only plugged in ONCe for 4 min to check for working order after it arrived.

Everything works fine, fixture is in MINT condition, never saw water at all.

My plan was to power this unit with a UL listed Sunlight Supply Blue Wave VII Dual 150W HQI ballast (which i already had) , and get name brand T5 ballasts to power this lights T5s and just pitch the Ballast that came with the light no matter what. (capacitors)

The stock ballasts are junk that come with the light, but I purchased it already knowing this wanting just the fixture as it seemed fairly well built itself and solid.. I wanted it to do a MOD for it since I already had the BWVII for another mod I was planning on my Orbit CSL fixture (adding HQI to it) And the T5s were already there, so that was cool.

Im selling it because now Ive decided to go with T5 only so the fixture is for sale. Also still have the BW VII which is brand new NEVER EVEN PLUGGED IN! Comes with the special BWVII 8ft CORDS, and 4 YEAR WARRANTY on the ballast itself. (cords cost me about $25ea)

You Might consider a package deal at this point for both if you want to power the light with a Name brand ballast (recommended)

Right now, I want $150.00+ SH to the first bidder for the FIXTURE only.. and $200.00 + SH for the BWVII BRAND NEW BALLAST WITH TWO POWER CORDS.

So $350.00 + SH for BOTH (about the price for the junk ballast and light to begin with)

Honestly, the Odyssea HQI fixture is a sexy nice looking light, IMHO I am impressed with the Build of the fixture from day 1. Really I paid for the ballast and light, just to get the light FIXTURE. Pricing everything seperately I couldnt touch this deal for the fixture, bulbs, HQI and T5 connectors.

The fixture is really nice IMHO, compared to other name brands I think its actually more SOLID than some I have seen. Its dual fan cooled, with black powder coated flat finish, its made from solid aluminum, but its still a lightweight fixture that comes with feet and hanging kit.. It also has UV glass over the HQI portion and lense over the T5 sections too. You can power T5s and HQI seperately. It came with decent bulbs as is, but you can modify it as you see fit, of course if you want the ballast too, the Sunlight Supply BWVII needs no plugging, its a top of the line ballast with a great track record.

All you would need is a 4bulb T5 ballast some wiring, and your done.

I just wanted to run this fixture with a UL listed Ballast, esp for the HQI's to be safe.

Does it say anywhere in this thread that he attempted to rewire the ballast? Does he make any attempt to say that the fixture may not be safe due to his incompetence in attempting to rewire the fixture? He states he "wanted" to wire a new ballast on it & ditch the old ballast, but
he fails to mention he already attempted to rewire it & failed.......

Instead it lists the fixture as "NEW".............................

You make your own judgement now based on his thread..............