Thread: Powder Blue
View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Powder Blue

Well, my 180g reef tank is nearing completion and will be ready for fish within the next month or so. The tank has been curing for about 6 months mostly due to unforseen circumstances keeping me away from home but now I'm back and finishing up the surounding cabinet and waiting on 1 of 3 MH ballasts before picking up a clean up crew of snails.

I have always found the pb tang to be the most interesting and would like any and all info from you successfull pb tang keepers to chim me in please. I don't plan on having any other tangs in the tank and intend to put it in as the last fish. I have not put much thought into other tank mates other than a sixline wrasse for the possible pyramid snail outbreaks on clams but I also don't intend to have more than 4-5 fish anyway. The tank will be for SPS and clams only, lots of water movement and strong 400w lighting. The current aquascap leaves about 9-12 inches of open space above the reef to be so that should be ample room for coral to grow and the pb to swim around.

I would really appreciate some advice and tips on keeping these fish alive and thriving for many years. I realize nori and excellent water parameters are a must but what more?