View Single Post
Old 07/12/2006, 01:33 AM
why can't i love???

Quote:
Originally posted by Imhotep, Imhotep
Oh, so you are the store. Umm, I have been there on a Monday morning and have seen the staff and overheard them personally cherry pick. Also, if LE quality corals show up all the time in your store, then why don't more people from the Fresno area post pics. You seem to be the only one.

I have asked your staff on several occassions. They all tell me the same thing. The manager is taking it home to his personal tank. If the manager really cared for his customers, he would hold the coral and frag it up among many customers so as to not play favorites.

Your tanks are indeed packed. Too packed IMO. The corals are stinging each other. I realize that in order to get the nice stuff, you need to tranship huge amount. Of course that brings up the whole ethical debate of less wasted life through captive bred sales. Let's not stray too far though.

Your tanks aren't that full that your nice corals will be missed. Trust me. I'm a Nor Cal coral hag. I have also seen some of the pics you posted in your store with NFS written in front of it.

I have respect for your taste in corals and your store. Your employees treat me well, and the prices are fair (on livestock). Still, I feel strongly about the following issues:

You are misrepresenting on this issue of "Holds"

You are downplaying the captive bred issues.

Most importantly, you are a vendor (posing as a normally hobbyist) that is slamming another specific vendor in a public place.

Isn't that against some unwritten code?
well i can not tell you anything but what i know to be the truth.

i never hide the fact that i work and manage a LFS...i do not like to bring that up on the boards for 2 reasons 1:my opinions are my own and separate from my feelings and beliefs i have as a retailer.2: i would rather not get swarmed by pms asking me to sell corals. you imply i am in some way being shady about my activities...but you are wrong.

you asked about people posting pics. it seems that only a few RC members from this area ever post pics. those that do could show some mighty sweet stuff they have scored from this area. i am truly prolific when it comes to posting pics thats for sure.

like i said if you want to talk shop pm or just call the store i will be more than happy to clear up your misconceptions.

you are making assumptions and i have never spoke to you and never have you talked to me about these issues...i think you are just misinformed or just caught us on bad days...i don't know. maybe you could pm me some dates of you visits and how often because we know every body pretty well and i would like to know how well we know you.

i will point out that this area does not support rare corals as only a select few people even know what they are and never do i have but just a few people know what these corals are going for online. there is really no market here for the super rare. i hear this all the time. i can get that at the whole salers...or why is that one more than this one? most people around here are happy with the bread and butter..which we are more than happy to sell to them. but this is more shop talk and if you really have concerns then i suggest we take this to pm so i can clear this up for you.

all things aside this kind of debate sure does offer a lot of entertainment...would you agree? it just proves that we are a very diverse group of people and that our passions run deep. i think it also proves that some of us like to debate a little to much (me included).

we should start a whole new thread just to keep this going ( i am just kidding).lol

personally i would still be mad if i had to wait for something (anything) and then find out some one who just so happen to be in the right place at the right time scored it instead of me. if this is not the case cool...but i would be mad if it did go down like that.

Last edited by mummra100769; 07/12/2006 at 01:45 AM.