View Single Post
Old 07/11/2006, 08:39 PM
why can't i love???

Quote:
Originally posted by Imhotep, Imhotep
I think I know which store this is. I don't want to be hater because I actually like your store and your prices are outstanding, but your statements not exactly true. I come into Fresno about once a week or more for business and make it a point to swing by in the mornings. Quite frequently, I see corals (or groups of corals) marked NFS. I am told that the manager has placed the corals on hold for himself.

I notice them because they are usually the nicest corals in the display and they were not there the week prior. They are indeed nice corals and I would buy them in a second, but they are always marked NFS. There is no way any of those corals you posted in your store for more than two weeks, especially at your low prices.

Thankfully, I'm not to far away from Ming Wei and Joleen. They have good taste and get in nice corals like you. They keep the really nice pieces, but at least they are willing to sell frags. So I have access to really nice corals. Yeah I pay more per inch, but at least I know I don't have the only one.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but they can do this because they are better setup for long term survival than your store. They have more space, larger tanks, and super high end equipment. They don't have to unload their super nice corals quickly. They can hold onto them for years.

Sure, colonies are nice, but selling frags of your desirable colonies instead of stocking them away in your home tank insures that they will not disappear forever if you have a catastrophe at home. Personally, I'd rather pay more for a frag of your nice corals than not being able to buy them at all.

Not being able to purchase these same corals and share in their beauty (that pink echino is hot) in effect makes them priceless like art work in a museum. Priceless is more expensive than any of Tyree's frags.

Getting back at the Tyree issue. I have noticed that those who complain about Tyree "stealing" coral from hobbyists to make a profit aren't the ones Tyree is stealing coral from.

If I'm not mistaken, the original donors of Tyree's frags aren't posting (Steve Tyree ruined my life or Steve Tyree robbed my house). Perhaps we should ask them how they feel.
ah man i wish we would have talked then i could have cleared this up...all holds must have my approval so when you see something that is NFS then 9 out of 10 times it is for a regular that has either purchased it and is coming back for it or wanted to put it on hold for a couple of days...we get this alot, people thinking that all the good stuff is going to the employees but if you are there monday morn then you can score some really sweet stuff.

i along with all other employees must...must wait one full week before we can purcahse items.sometimes our set ups are so full with corals that the good stuff gets over looked....i would like to state that i have had sps stay in our systems for more than 6 months before they sold and triple in size...i am sorry we did not clear any of this up when you were in the store as we would have loved to do so.

i don't like to talk shop on here... i stated my opinon and if anybody wants to ask more industry related questions please send me a pm and i will do it privately.

Last edited by mummra100769; 07/11/2006 at 08:53 PM.