View Single Post
Old 05/25/2007, 02:19 AM
SPAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRTAAAAAA

Tested fittings: the white pvc will not be glued so that I can adjust them as needed. I used DIY bulkheads. The male threaded piece is epoxied to the lid with the thread coming upward through the hole. then the female coupler is screwed on with an o-ring. I positioned the pvc to make the water spray in a circular motion.

Here it is will all the epoxy curing:

Whats left: I know the union wasnt very cheap ($10), originally i wanted to custom make something out of standard pvc parts, but I got tired of it and wanted something leak proof and reliable....so i caved. I am going to use 2" pvc pipe to make the rest of the riser tube and some other food container for the collection cup. it will just be glued to the other end of the union. it doesnt have to be very big because I'm going to have a drain fitting in it anyways. there's also going to be a gate valve on the skimmer exit but havent decided what size yet.
Also making the injector housings myself. I ordered beckett foam heads, but the ebay order got all screwed up, they are 3 weeks late, but I will have them this weekend. I think thats about it though. let me know what you think (both good and bad)

oh yeah it stands at around 24" (with potential cup included) with a 6"x 8" footprint.

Keep in mind I'm under $30 still (no pump picked up yet), and some of you may have some of this layin around anyways. Also, all cuts were made with a Dremel! I used a 1/8" drill/cutter bit. had to punch holes all the way around the circles then drag the bit around until it cut out. then took a cylinder shaped cutter bit and made a smooth(er) edge. Then I smoothed it out with sandpaper. (I'm out to prove that a router isnt necessary for DIY projects.....until I have enough money to buy one )

Thanks,
Sam