View Single Post
Old 10/07/2007, 08:27 PM
Premium Member

da1jewfish...what a crook !!!

I was hoping that I would never have to post in this forum but here I am unfortunately.

I bought a used 72" light from da1jewfish and, by his advertisement, it was in working order but had a couple minor flaws.
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1182689

(hope the thread link works)

What I received was a light that had the internal wires cut, a fan that does not work, and needs to be completely redone so as to not catch fire. When I first contacted him he said there was no way it was like that as he had tested it. I want to know how someone can test to see if it works when there are NO WIRES !?!?!?! He also said 3 of the 5 led lights worked but there are 6 and 5 work. In addition he said the fan worked fine. It just sits there and hums. This guy no more plugged this thing in than I am going to sprout wings and fly. I sent him pictures showing the damage and he said that someone at the shipping place must have sabotaged it after he left it for mailing. That part really caught me off guard. I guess he thought I was born at night on a turnip truck. He said he would refund me $100 to be fair. That all I paid was shipping. WHY would I pay $75 for a light that is going to cost as much to fix as buy new ??? He has refunded me the $100 and I filed a paypal dispute. I don't know if it will help me get the remainder of my money but it is worth a shot.

I just wanted to warn others that this guy is a real piece of work. Steer clear or you might be the next one out of $$$ but the fine new owner of worthless merchandise. Darn shame people like this are on RC when there are so many trying to legitimately sell their used stuff.