View Single Post
Old 08/30/2007, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

It's a great collection of corals, but i can assure you that there was no interference whatsoever. That was taken over on the windward side of Orpheus Island, which is out of bounds to almost everyone, including all but a handful of researchers.
Also, there is nothing that i am aware of that anyone can do to help coral colonise areas (on a larger than tiny scale) that exceeds what they can do themselves.

Reefs out here grow and colonise like there is no tomorrow. An area wiped flat and clean by a cyclone will be totally recolonised within a year, and will be back to it's former glory within about 5-10.

I agree with you though melev, it does look almost too good to be true. Almost like a coral candy shop window, with one of each flavour.

Dyepes, you have my permission to do what you wish (short of sell!) with my photo. I'm flattered you think so much of it to make a poster! Let me know if you need the origional (higher resolution), and i'll email it to you.

Oh, on that subject melev; i've sent you a pm with my email address(es).

My camera is beyond worth repairing (too old and battered), but i will be browsing ebay to see what i can find. I'm thinking it would be better long term though to take the opportunity and get a new system, which i can build on slowly as i get the money.