Thread: Clam Parasites
View Single Post
Old 01/08/2005, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. I had herd of some harmful inverts that resembled this particular shape, but thankfully found a good pic of what I had and it wasn't it. Aside from that, I still get curious as to what all these little critters are that I find, good or bad. The result of this encounter though has left my clam attached to the top of my LR pile, thankfully the piece of LR that it has attached to is on a sturdy acrylic shelf and the piece of LR can be easily removed and relocated with out me having to tear apart my pile. I had to get an aiptasia off of the clam shell and the clam was on the DSB, because my tank is a deep corner tank I had to bring it up to where I could work on it. I then found these other little critters and didn't want to stress out the clam by putting it back on the DSB then having to bring it back up to the top if the bugs were bad. So I left it there until I knew the little "bug" was either a good or bad one. The next morning the clam had moved off it's original shell piece it had mounted itself on and moved to my LR boulder, actually this is the first time it has held itself up right since we added it to our system. I've read that if they are constantly moving or lying on their side it means they don't like the spot they are in so I guess it can stay there for the time being. Thanks again for the advice, always appreciated.
Shauna