View Single Post
Old 11/21/2007, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

Hello friends,
Excuse me my delay in thanking you for your comments and answer questions posted here but I have been a little busy with work. Thanks for your interest and sympathy.

I will answer to all questions.

Quote:
Originally posted by ReefFreaks
Machado,

Your success rate looks very good 95/100. Great job. I think I read waaaaay back that you use Seachen reef dip. Are there any other tricks to your success rate as far a "conditioning" or "healing" of the frags?
My first trick is to avoid at all costs contamination with pests such as EAFW, red bugs, Montipora Eating Nudibranch, etc.. If I suspect the existence of any parasite in my system I move away the coral as soon as possible and do the treatment with the more indicated Chemical baths (dipping).

My second trick is to combat all kind of undesirable algae. I avoid the introduction of any new variety of algae in the system and reduce nutrients such as phosphate and nitrate to the minimum levels not only to enhance coral colors but to prevent algae apparition. Rowaphos and algae filters give a good help. As a preventive measure large variety of fish and invertebrate herbivores are welcome.

And the last but not the last trick is stability to all physical and chimical parameters.

Cheers,