View Single Post
Old 08/05/2006, 07:20 AM
RC Staff
American

Quote:
Originally posted by Atomahawk
LRS078 , Sorry if you had the impression I was pointing a finger at you.
It just happened that my comment was after repleying to something you asked.

It was meant as a general comment about all products that we use in our hobby. I know there are very good replacement items that are a lot less expensive. I can certainly understand wanting to save 50 - 90 % on the cost of any given item. I just read a lot of post were people try and cut so many corners on every little item and I have to ask myself why they go to such lenghts for a 10 to 20% savings and lock out their LFS. I enjoy going to my favorite fish stores and try my best to support them whenever possible. The people I deal with have always tried to save me money whenever possible, sometimes they are a little more expensive than online vendors or stores that sell like products, but I would rather give my money to the guy that actually makes a living from and supports my hobby instead of saving 20%.

My comment was just a little heads up to those that seem to go out of there way, for a a few bucks saved. A good example would be going to Petsmart or Wallmart to purchase a pump that is sold for 20% less than at your LFS. Sure you could do it, but is it a good idea? I guess that's something everyone needs to ask themselves and is a personal choice.

I am all for supporting your LFS, but this thread is about a DSB in a bucket, and it's already plenty long. Let's not crowd it further with subjects that belong in their own thread.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....