View Single Post
Old 03/22/2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Just to give you an idea, I am currently looking at a grid feed solar system for my house. Unfortunately it will be a few years till I can afford it, but to start with it will cost just over AUD$9000.00 (approx USD$6600) to get a 525W system installed complete. This system does not have batteries so it feeds power directly to the grid to offset your power bill. Then you can upgrade from there when you have the money. I am sure there would be better prices in the US (there is for just about everything else).

Wind power probably gets a better return and there are smaller units for domestic homes, but it usually depends on the area / neighbours / council if you can install one or not.

As for Waste water, I do not waste any water with my RO unit. All of the waste water goes straigh into the washing machine and gets used next wash. Sydney has a bit of a water crisis at the moment so it all helps. I will be changing it soon so that it goes directly into a rain water tank which will supply the washing machine, garden and hopefully toilets.