View Single Post
Old 03/22/2007, 05:18 PM
I think I love my tank

Quote:
Originally posted by HippieSmell
As if you are going to do that. You're just trying to be cute. I would love to do those things, and I will, it's just hard when I make under $10,000 a year right now. Yes, that's right, not $100,000, only $10,000. I assure you, my footprint is relatively small simply because I'm poor as dirt.
I see were that could make it difficult. I assume you are either in school or just graduated. Been there, done that. Paying back student loans and just starting out can be tough.
Even at a $100k per year, it would be tough to live the green "life style" considering almost $25k for a hybrid car or $20k for solar panels. What's a person to do?

I've looked into some of the carbon credits and it looks like for just a couple of hundred dollars you can offset a TON of Co2. That seems like something even a "poor" ideological person could afford. I am new to this so, HIPPIE...which one do you use. I wouldn't want to do the equivalent of buying the Brooklyn bridge...if you know what I mean. How would I know that they are really planting the trees?
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.

Last edited by virginiadiver69; 03/22/2007 at 05:29 PM.