View Single Post
Old 12/14/2007, 02:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mdrumm
so you recommend sticking with 3 of the same? Thanks!
If you already have the Lumenarc, try it out with two LumenBrights and see what you think. If you don't like it, buy another LB and I am sure someone will be interested in your used LumenArc.

It seems like you must have one otherwise why not buy all the same? If you have three LB's 2ftx2ft raised at the same height you will get an even spread guaranteed You will get more light with 3 LumenBrights with that kind of crossover with the left and right bulb. I have seen and tested it several times already. The numbers are even due to the crossover light. A thing of beauty when you allow multiple reflectors do what they were meant to.

Lately I have noticed that the outside reflectors really don't need to be evenly placed and can be moved in as much as 6-8 inches off the side of your tank. If you are 13-14" or more bulb to the surface of the water you will certainly have adequate spread to the ends of the tank. Chances are you are not going to be growing things on the side glass 12" off the bottom so you don't need the light to spread there. Bringing them in a bit towards the middle will assure very even high PAR lighting throughout the tank.

Let us know what you decide and post some pics up when you get them. Everyone wants to see these things set up. I think it really helps to get a visual of how these reflectors look hung up and inside of different canopies.

Post some pics guys and gals - I know some of you are holding out...