View Single Post
Old 06/26/2005, 11:18 AM
Premium Member

Well disaster struck this morning! Good old Florida Power and Light has struck again! Where I live (kind of out in the country) we get pretty frequent power outages. Usually at least once a day in the summer months. Usually its only for a second. This morning however we got a "brown out" I think you people from up north are probably more familiar with this term then us people who live in the sub-tropics.

At any rate I was jolted out of my sleep cause my main system pumps and all my power heads started rattling and screeching because they were only running at half speed. Then my sump backed up and spilled about 30-40 gallons of salt water all over my room. The power didn't come back either. So we got FPL (Florida Power and Light) to come out and look at it and apprently a power line had fallen in our yard and we were only getting half power. Ugh!!!!

We are still without power, I had to goto work cause I was already an hour late. I manged to get my 2 main system pumps working on a computer battery. Hopefully that will last until they fix it. I'm worried about my Idol because I know they can become asphyxiated very easily. He seemed ok before I left, although he'll be in the dark most of the day. I just hope my brother can handle keeping my tank in line till I get back, there is hardly any water left in the sump. The rest is on the floor in my room cause I didn't have time to clean it up!!! Ugh what a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!