View Single Post
Old 06/21/2005, 05:56 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for the updates and posts guys. Nice to hear that your Idols are doing well so far.

Creetin you most certainly went about it the right way. I should have quarantined mine like you did. He gets a few ich spots from time to time because I didn't. But he doesn't seem bothered by it. Other than that mine is doing pretty well, still eating and looking good.

Toonpack, my Idol will also "follow" me back and fourth when he thinks i'm about to feed him. They most certainly are intelligent and interesting fish. Lots of personality.

I was also concerned about water quality since I have been feeding my tank so much since I got this Idol. So I tested the water, but everything still checked out perfect. So thats good as well.

Also Toonpack, my Idol picked on almost all my corals when I first put him in. It's been over 2 weeks now and he doesn't bother anything anymore. I'm guessing cause he gets fed regularly plus there is some hair algae in certain parts of my tank that he goes to town on constantly.

Also, if im not mistaken Brazil does not border the Pacific Ocean. But I heard that Idols can be found all way to the west coast of South America, but im not sure. From my experience, the ones from Hawaii seem to do the best. They seemed the healthiest when they arrived at my LFS. They were full, rounded out, didn't look skinny like mine does. We should do some research on this.

Thanks for all the updates and questions guys. Keep them comming!