View Single Post
Old 05/22/2006, 10:30 PM
Member Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Vili_Shark
Al G Blenny
Sorry my friend, Im not arguing with you, you are the one who mentioned the wholsellers.
Actually you mentioned the wholesalers. You just call them importers. For some reason you refuse to address the fact that there is no middle man between exporters and the wholesalers here.
Quote:

Read my two previous posts, if it doesnt make sence, go on my friend, and pay whatever you like for whatever LE "rare" , "first time we received it" etc kind of corals.
Your previous posts don't make sense because it seems all you want to do is show that you know more about the industry but you refuse to admit that you are wrong about certain things. Is this a contest or something? That's great that you think you know something about coral and livestock importing but don't go around telling others that you know more than them if you aren't sure. Where do you get this "extensive" background on shipping livestock?

Quote:

Read my post and at least TRY to understand that in case you have an access to a serious corals importers(like 100 box a week or more) or better a coral exporter you will see these corals and wont pay the big buck for them, please understand most of them are NOT rare, just overpriced.
I guess I should have mentioned that I have worked for a couple of wholesalers. The last shipment I helped put away (I still help out at one when they are short handed) had 200 boxes. That was just the corals. There was live rock also. You think that is a big shipment? So if there are so many of these LEs coming in where do they go? If you have to know a serious "importer" to see them what happens after they get here? Do they go back to Asia? Germany? Boy that would seem funny to ship here and then ship the best stuff back. Lets see pics of your tank and see how many wild colonies of LEs you have if they are so common and you have such great access to them.
Quote:
The fact that you know 2.5 players in 104 does not mean you know everything , for your info, people in LA do export to countries like Brasil, Mexico and Canada, I know an importer from Mexico who buys 100 box a week from ONE guy in LA only.
The corals are not America's Pacific ocean but tropical.
You are right that we ship to other parts of the Americas but those countries get OUR leftovers. The grass is always greener right? Did you ever see all of the Ausie reefers posting pics of all of the lords they had when we couldn't get them? That wasn't because they got first pic. Lords were just more common there. Finally the stores, wholesalers, exporters and then collecters saw that there was a market here in the US for them so they started shipping them here. Simple as that.

Quote:
Let me give you a little piece of advice, instead of being so narrow minded, save the money of your next 2-3 Tyree LE corals buy a flight ticket to Asia-Pacific and learn, you'll thank me for that.
Now that's just rude. You say you aren't the one trying to argue but you are the one calling me narrow minded. Very childish.