Thread: Sea Fans
View Single Post
Old 12/27/2007, 09:14 AM
Underground Art Studio

I'm not here to call names - did you read my build thread - no and as others have found with my other equipment it has not worked with gorgonians. I have not read any great success stories with gorgonians using the present food or equipment - except having a species tank off a larger tank.

I'm not dismissing any information and not sure where you thought I was???

Mmmm - did I list the type of engineer? I've been in this hobby probably longer then you've been alive - yes I'm an old fart.

I post all the time just not in the same threads as you that does not mean I don't post information. Please RC is not the only reefing site with very valuable information.

I only posted those two books as they are easy to abstains. I have read hundreds of articles and other books on this same subject. Information on the web is good but everyone can post anything they like - be it true or not. That's the problem with general web information. There are great sites that are more for the LFS/aquaculture professionals and are full of information on this subject. Yes they have larger systems just like Garf and others.

I'm not stating professionals are above hobbyist - they just have a lot more at their disposal to test and learn.

Sorry that you took my post as being above you just because I have a larger tank - that was not in any way my point.

My point is - Gorgonians as it seems take constant feeding - this takes larger equipment to remove the nutrients.