Thread: Sea Fans
View Single Post
Old 12/27/2007, 08:06 AM
Underground Art Studio

So you will not listen to others and the equipment needed to keep these beautiful corals. Yet another beginners down fall, not willing to listen to all the requirements. Lots of very good information can be found in Anthony Calfo's new book "Book of Coral Propagation" - but you my think he's just giving you a lecture. In the book by Fenner "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" great information also - but you would only think they are lecturing. There's a reason you have algae growth and I was only informing you of the equipment needed to keeps these corals because of their feeding requirements. Please do not dismiss others just because they disagree with you or your limits. The death of a coral is not success so yes they speak of it all the time in those links.

We have learned a lot about keeping these corals but unfortunately some will never listen to the professionals - we do this for a living not just a hobby. I'm not lecturing just trying to save another coral, you need to open your mind and see where others have failed and until you do so other lovely corals and fish will die. We learn from our failures and posting our failures others (some) will learn not to make the same mistake but only if we open our minds. Posting only the positive we learn nothing. You are saying if the requirements are found by many be a 200g tank with a 20g species off it and a very large protein skimmer and refugium - you would take it only as a lecture and dismiss all information as "setting arbitrary unrealistic tor many of us gallons plank" and continue the road many of us have already traveled - we have learned a lot.