View Single Post
Old 03/08/2005, 07:15 PM
Latte Man

Hey Nathan! Welcome back to Hotlanta! Feel free to contact us if you want to stop by sometime. We'd love to show you the system. I look forward to hearing that the coral shipment went smoothly and all your critters are safe in their relocated home.

Thanks Jon for the kind comments on our tank. It was indeed a lot of work preceded by plenty of spirited planning. We learned more than I would have ever expected along the way and have had the opportunity to help others with our experiences. Although all 108 pages don’t contain valuable information, embedded here and there are jewels that have certainly helped make this effort more rewarding. As for recording devices we purchased our first DVR which, along with two other VCRs, allows us to record just about everything we're currently following. I have to say that the DVR has really changed the way we watch TV. Pausing live shows along with skipping effortlessly through commercials is a HUGE improvement!

As for the pictures I promised, they're coming... really, they are... trust me Time lately hasn't been on my side with business travel out of state coupled with other requirements for my time. Rather than promise a time I'll just say... soon

And Marc, that's a great tip about using a UPS or battery backup to power the DVR. We rarely lose the cable signal even when power goes out. I'll have to set something up.

Back soon