View Single Post
Old 06/29/2005, 03:40 PM
Premium Member

Check this out! Remember how a couple weeks ago I emailed that guy who lives in Southern Australia? He's the one who has kept Moorish Idols for over 9 years. Well he finally got back to me. Here is what he had to say:

"Hi zack,sorry for the late reply.i have not had a computer for some time and still only check my email periodically.I am happy to assist with any information about moorish idols.I think that is quite an honour although i am not one for records.my "secret" or reson for success i believe lies in the time of capture to display and the diet and size of my tank.although this is obvious it seems that if you fail on any of parameters then your idol is doomed.The diet i feed my moorish idol is rather specific and geared
towards successful idol husbandry.I make up a mince using Nori,ulva,various sponges,mussels,prawn and mashed cat food (seafood variety) i mince the ingredients up and freeze them in ice cube tray.i feed twice per day and also have a variety of caulerpa grwing.i present the food in a mussell shell
or mash into a goniopora skeleton,much to the delight of my chaetodons."

Very interesting huh? Cat food??? Very interesting... I'm hoping I can get him to come on here and post some more information. I'll see what I can do. Let me know what you all think of this.