View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

I still plan to add the new overflow. While the noise is better, it isn't still completely silent, and I'm confident I can improve on this with the new overflow and gurgle buster. In addition, the current overflow is just laughably small and impossible to do any work in without two pairs of pliers. But at least it takes some pressure off so that I can take my time and maybe design a jig for the dremel to cut slots for the weir on the overflow. I'm hesitant to just rip off the existing box and start chopping into the back wall of my tank without a good plan, since I don't plan on draining it more than 1/3 of the way down.

As for the skimmer, I'm still really leaning towards the
Odyssea PL75 since I've read at least decent reviews and the price is unbeatable. I made sure that the right (drain) side of my sump is large enough to hold this guy, although it will be tight. I think I'm going to order it soon, now that I have a place to put it. Loc-line is going in soon, most likely this weekend. Still planning the chaeto/mixed macro chamber in the sump, probably above the return pump but separated well so I don't clog up the SCWD. The water turnover in the left sump chamber above the pump is low, but I'm not sure whether that is ideal for algal filtration.

As for the tang, I will continue to feed 3-4 tiny feedings per day between the time I get home and 1AM when the lights go off or I go to bed. I agree he's still a bit thin, but no longer dangerously so.