View Single Post
Old 12/29/2007, 12:17 AM
Reefer Extraordinaire

In judging, please be aware that my criteria for being an exceptional coral is not 'rareness' in the common use of the term. I always felt something that was 'rare' was purely an indication of market dynamics, and not necessarily an accurate portrayal of a corals' uniqueness or beauty. In my judging, I will weigh the unique colors and characteristics of each piece for something really exceptional. I feel this will help those unusual GSP, zoas, leathers, etc. that typically get a bad rap because they are not of the SPS variety or cost $100/frag come out of the woodwork.

So bring out the eye candy and post your shots for all to see! If your xenia has morphed into something strange, I want to see that too.

I will take the advice of the club members and forum posters as well. So if you see a picture of something you like, show your support! I want to see as many people engaged in this as possible. Given the judging is a necessary evil, and I clearly am in no position to be the definitive source on all exceptional coral, think of this as your applause meter. The 'louder' the applause for a particular piece, the more I am apt to be persuaded to cast my vote in that direction.

Oh, and I do take bribes too. (that was a joke).

Last edited by MrMikeB; 12/29/2007 at 12:27 AM.