View Single Post
Old 12/29/2007, 03:02 PM
Reefer Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin74
How come no vets are judges? Im finding it hard to bring up the topic without offending you good guys,(or makig me sound like an @zz in the process )but with all due respect theres not much experience with coral identification nor the years to be able to deem what is truly rare and what is "hype".

-Justin
It is a good question Justin. Our goal for this swap is to bring out a lot of good stuff and people. To reach the most people and encourage folks to bring out their super nice pieces (even though they are not on this months' $100/frag list), we felt broadening the category and criteria would help achieve this. I think there are a lot of nice an exceptional pieces out there from the tank pictures we have seen that might not have LE attached to its name, but I still want to see them on the tables.

I do not pretend to be an expert in all things reef, hell I would argue the opposite might be true. What I am an expert on, is realizing who the experts are, and how to elicit their support. Collectively this club has hundreds of years of experience - it would be foolish to ignore this. This is a 'club', and a long overdue club sponsored frag swap, so as a club we will put this together and make it great. Wanna help? Great! Post your pics! Post your comments on other peoples pics! Tell your friends! Tell their friends!