View Single Post
Old 12/31/2007, 10:53 AM
no time for spell check!

Quote:
Originally posted by H20ENG

Scott,
I noticed on Bills tank that he only put silicone between the rebate and the acrylic face. I think I would have added a fat bead all around afterward- between the edge of the acrylic and the face of the concrete. Do you know if he used acetone or something to clean the epoxy before sealing? The epoxy cures with a wax skin that must be removed (general info here, Bill obviously knows this ) before adhering the glass.

Not sure where he's at with the project, but it'd be nice to see some pics sometime, with no prying into the mans life.
he used 2 different things in the rebates for the tank. the fist thing was rubber blocks to cusshion the acrylic from rubbing against the concrete. the next was backer rod and then the 795. he called the factroy and got the exact specs on how to apply it to his tank. im not sure what cleaning methoid he used but i will say you will never remove those pannels from the tank ever again. you would have to cut them out with a saw.

as for pictures im not sure what is going on there yet. im sure there will be a site that has his pictures with some brief discriptions in there with no way for people to make comments jst a digital time line of photos. you migt wo wait to see it in a book. there is talk of it being in one of the more well known authors books on how to build big tanks.