View Single Post
Old 02/19/2007, 01:16 AM
New Aquatronica Fan

Hmmm... I forgot about the good ole cinderblock option... what a classic!

This will be my first marine tank, but I'm receiving 60lbs of live rock and some live sand (I'm not sure how much) for free, so I think I'm gonna go with a reef tank. I may start with a 55 gallon on cinderblocks, just because I'm going to be in a bit of a hurry as my friend is moving and I am married and in college, so money will be a premium.

I can get a 50 gallon for $60 new locally (glasscages.com), so I may go that route. I really want to get a 90 gallon to begin with, but I'm afraid its going to be a little bit more than I can probably spend (both now and later... more tank = more salt needed and more fish and more food and more lighting and etc.) ... but we'll see. Plus, we're in an apartment and could move within a year and don't have a ton of space... really not in an absolutely great position for a 90 gallon... lol.

Anyways, thanks again for all of the replies!

Brandon