Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 08/09/2005, 12:18 PM
Invertebrate Advocate

My cycle is done!

Hey all,

I tested my ammonia this morning and it is ZERO! I still see one sponge slowly dying, but the bacteria must be able to handle it, everything else on the rock looks nice and healthy.

Water parms:
Salinity: 1.026
Temp: 81
pH: 8.0 (morning reading)
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: < 2ppm
Nitrate: 0
PO4: zero
Ca: 420
Alk: 7.0

So all my corals were removed from my QT and acclimated this morning and put on the sandbed of the main tank. Pictures to follow over the next couple of days under the actinics and 10Ks

I saw a scary scary looking worm last night I could not get a picture and it definitely was not a bristle worm. It was about 3 inches long and mostly dark brown except where the segmented sections joined, in the joints it was yellow. I saw the head and it did have some antennae, but I couldn't count them as it was too far into the tank. Each body segment appeared to have one leg on each side, very short. Man I hope I can catch that guy, it is NASTY looking. Ugh.

Nudibranch update:
Well, the red stuff was most likely poop or slime, because I found my first egg mass last night. So they were doing more than snuggling the last few days! Here are the eggs, this is the best picture I could get, they are probably about the size of a pencil eraser:

I added two more anemones and the adults ate them right away and were seen snuggling again this morning. I'll need to remove the adults to another container so I can keep anemones in the bucket for the babies that hatch, the adults are pigs!

B.