View Single Post
Old 09/17/2006, 07:29 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine
Last year is irrelevant. That team lost two Heisman winners. This is a different team.

I HATE the argument that a team should be in any given place in the polls based on the previous year. If I had my way, there wouldn't be ANY rankings until mid october, like when they put he first BCS rankings out. That means no more than the argument that Texas should have been 1 to start this year.

Oh, and Auburn is #2 in the AP, then USC, WV, FLA.

Yes, Auburn did get burned a few years ago, but you have to throw in all those other BCS factors that really made the difference, not what one poll says 3 weeks in.
If there offense plays like that every game, then you REALLY don't have to worry about it, because they won't be undefeated at the end of the year.

Dave
As long as the NCAA depends on a ranking system to determine the top teams last years performance has everything to do with it. How else are you going to determine which teams are strongest? I really think a one loss team will still have a shot at the big game this year. I dont think SC will go undefeated but I would bet money they could take OSU. I wouldn't be surprised to see this year's national champs come from a team that wasn't in the top 5 at the start of the year.

OH, the BSC system doesn't consider the AP poll, only the coache's. Otherwise USC would have been undisputed national champs three years ago