View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by All Delight
[B]Serious, here's a quote from sufunk. In the last paragraph he specificly states "websites".

"I had this same argument months ago. People on here talking up aussie acans at $200-300 a HEAD and making that out to be a steal and the lowlifes selling them for that to be great guys. They buy them, start threads with photoshopped pics talking about how amazing they are and how the price will never go down, Then low and behold, coincidentally, they have a few selling threads for aussie acans making them an amazing profit.

My lfs, Coralreef farm, has VERY nice multi colored aussie acans for $150-200 and these colonies have between 15-25 heads. Dont know where these aussie price gouging supporters learned their math but that is between $6-15 a head. Much more reasonable and FAIR unlike the $100-250 a head many gougers are charging.

Clint had them on his website for $150-250 a head and everyone was saying it was great and he wasn't gouging, that that is what they cost. I made the same argument as you did that there was NO WAY that clint paid thousands for those colonies and he was reaming everyone. Those colonies had about 100 heads each and everyone with a brain knows he ddint pay 10-15k each for them, thats just what he thought he could make chopping it up and gouging. At absolute most, those colonies cost him MAYBE 1k(probably more like $500) and he was hoping to make another 10k profit from them.

Amazing how short some peoples memory is. The thread isnt hard to find. As soon as a search will work for me, i will find it or just search my name a few months back(6 tops) and you will see the 3-4 page acan thread.

I do notice that most of the people saying how stupid this is are the same people that either 1)bought up as many as they could and REPEATEDLY violated the board rules trying to sell them in the "tank raised coral" forums for a BIG profit or 2) have tanks with nothing but frag disks in them hoping to grow themout a tiny bit and them frag off a fingernail sized piece to make their money back