View Single Post
Old 10/28/2007, 07:39 PM
Premium Member

I'm slowly getting things done.

The light rack is complete (except for lights). It can be raised and lowered using a pulley system. All of the hardware on the rack is stainless steel. I'm waiting on the IceCap T5 retro's and will be moving my existing ReefOptix III pendants once the 90g is down and adding a LumenMax 3 pendant. I will eventually replace the ReefOptix III's with LumenMax 3's.

I realized as I was hanging the light rack that I wasn't going to be able to easily access the pulleys, fan, or work lights if I needed to. So I decided to cut three holes through the wall and made insulated plugs using plywood and insulation to fill the holes. I will add weather seals and will screw the plugs to the wall to make sure they are good and tight. Now I can get to everything fairly easily if I have to.

The roof cap for the Panasonic fan is installed. The model I'm using has a 6 inch duct so roof cap is a little larger than any of the others on the roof. I have to say that Panasonic exhaust fans are almost silent. I may add another fan to the basement fish room.

I finally got the correct size hole saws for the Hayward bulkheads; so I could start on the new sump. I put two 1.5 inch bulkheads and one 1 inch bulkhead in the sump. One of the 1.5 inch bulkheads will be connected to the Barracuda and the other will be capped for now. The 1 inch bulkhead will be used to pump water from the sump straight to the drain for water changes.

1.5 inch bulkheads - I will never go back to the lightweight bulkheads after using these. They are worth every penny - IMO

1 inch bulkhead

I also extended my current ARC fault circuit from the 90g to the new tank. That was a pain as the local codes require conduit. Once the 90g is down I will remove the ARC fault run to the old location.

I think that's about it for now. I'm going to paint the top of the stand this week and start running PVC from the basement up to the new tank.