View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Hi Wesley,
I kinda figured as much. I was hoping I might find a way to get them there, though. I hate the idea of parting with my little ponies and my crouton (well, I guess he's larger than a crouton now!)

You mentioned not bringing animals. I assume you mean the seahorses and my little cowfish? I have been doing research on bringing my Newfoundland dog and my cat to Brasil and the consulate says as long as I have my vets certificate in order it will be no problem. Leaving him behind is not an option....he is like my child.

What is the cost of seahorses there? Also, have you seen cowfish for sale there? Do you have the names of any good fish stores in Sao Paulo or San Jose Dos Campos? We are considering Caraguatatuba as our home base.

Thanks for the heads up on equipment. I am planning on bringing my Schuran Jetskim 200, Arcadia 2x 250watt metal halide hood, my ASM G3, Schuran Calcium reactor and many other equipment items. The only thing I won't be bringing are my tanks. How expensive are tanks there? Get you get the Red Sea Max or something similar? What are costs of tanks there? What about fish and corals?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just excited to find a fellow reefer in the same area that we will be moving to!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wcpeixoto
Sydney,

Welcome to Brazil. Hope you have a nice stay here. Which city are you moving to ?

Concerning your animals, I strongly recommend you do not bring them. Even you can fly with them (which is not easy) you will probably have issues with brazilian federal customs at airport and they will not let you take in your animals without a permission which is really hard to get due burocracy (yeah, get use to it). Too much risk. Let them with someone that loves these animals in Canada and get new ones here.

If you are considering keeping a tank in Brazil also bring as much equipments as possible, everything is more expensive here (eletric equip must be 60hz).

I live in Sao Paulo and fell free to email me (wesley.cunha@terra.com.br) if I can help in anything else you need.