View Single Post
Old 02/17/2006, 04:28 PM
Sharkbait, OO-HA-HA

Re: LFS prices

Quote:
Originally posted by coralights

LFS should be supported if they supply you with good advice and healthy livestock .... mail order companies should not because they do not add any value to the transaction ... and often when you factor in the cost of shipping they are not much different in price?
Dude there is no freaking way that I would pay a 200% markup when it can be had MUCH cheaper buying online. I don't care if the LFS employees kissed my butt everytime I stepped in the store. Mail order companies DO value your transaction. If they didn't then they wouldn't have a business.

Quote:
Originally posted by coralights

The problem with the aquarium hobby is cheapskate do-it-yourselfers ... who also give out lots of bad advice on how to save money. They deal with mail order companies because their so-called expertise cannot not be disputed.

There are many bad LFS also ..... but if you can find a good one ... give that LFS all your business and don't complain about the price.
DIY people are some of the best reefers out there and should not be considered cheapskates. Saving money on something does not mean that they give bad advice.

Bad advice is telling people to pay the 200% markup and not complain about it....