View Single Post
Old 12/18/2007, 01:24 AM
Registered Member

I did a total of about 37% water change (i have an excel sheet that calculates real water change % when doing multiple small changes) 2-10% at a time spread out over about 6 hrs, syphoning out anything dead i could find as i went. it seems like i have a couple of surviving bristle worms to re-populate the tank. i also found a couple snails that survived, and my mated saddle back clowns survived, but it appears that all of my other fish/inverts are toast.

the water is mostly clear now, and my clowns are breathing much easier, but i am worried because my ammonia level is starting to climb. i figured it would come because there is die off within the tank that i couldnt get find/get out. ammonia is up to about .25 and will hopefully level off there. i have a good bit of activated carbon right now to help, should i get some of the ammonia buster stuff to minimize the cycle that is happening?

death count: 8-10 zoo frags, 2 ricordias, 1 small frogspawn, a couple small sps, a bubble tip and curly que anem, 1 tailspoted blenny, 1 blue n gold blenny, 1 green chromis, 3 mushrooms (nothing left)

$ death count: 300-350

p.s. i never directly added dry kalkwasser to the tank. if my method was not described clearly enough i would be more than happy to make a detailed post as to what i did.