View Single Post
Old 12/18/2005, 08:37 AM
Addicted to H2O

I'm sorry for such a delayed response. I've been quite busy as of late (as always it seems) with school, work, and tank projects, but the business is finally dying off--for now. Anyway, my apologies.

Melissa, thanks! Well, the camera actually isn't the most high-tech, nor most expensive, but I have found out (through extensive tweaking and practice) what works. It's a Canon Powershot A95: 5.0 mp, 4.1x digital zoom, etc. For the money (especially now), it's a great camera. My only complaint is the macro; I can take much better macros with other, lower-end cameras, but all-in-all, it's decent.

For taking the pics, I adjust the white balance with the AWB feature (a lifesaver) and attempt macro mode. Seahorses are easy to photograph in that they often don't move much at all, allowing for a non-flash shot and thus more color and less stress on the horse. However, sometimes I do use flash in order to get the intricacies of their body. Also, as you probably know, lots of practice makes perfect; I usually like 5 at best out of the 50 pics I take at one time, but that's what makes the experience so fun--finding the good ones. I hope this helps, and please let me know which camera you pick!

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.