View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Its now been 8 days since the shrimp have hatched and I'm starting to get worried. The second brine shrimp batch that I started still hasn't hatched for some unknown reason, and the first batch has only a little more brine shrimp that aren't enought to feed all the baby peppermints. So I'm going to get rid of the second batch and start a new one. I'll have to feed the babies on crushed mysid, which they are Ok with, but it's barely as good as live brine.

Also, the female in my original tank has been pregnant for about 4-6 days and is going to have babies around Monday or so.

The baby peppermints eyes also move closer to eachother during the night, and when the lights come on, the eyes turn back to the same, side eyed look.

I think that I lost another baby, when I clean the tank in the morning, I always find one or two dead babies, probably because of my shortage of live brine shrimp. Its frustrating.

I think that the hardest part of raising the baby peppermints is changing the water and feeding them, otherwise, they get a 4 out of ten in dificulty for caring.
Changing the water is hard because whenever I add some water in, it blows all the shrimp away, probably breaking off some parts of their body (I think I'm lucky, none have broken limbs). I try to use a turkey baister (which helps so much) but when I'm replacing water, It's still difficult not to harm them.