View Single Post
Old 02/12/2003, 08:50 PM
West Coast reefin'

Quote:
How many hours do you think yo uput into the construction?
Since all the acrylic was pre cut. I'd say maybe three, three and a half hours tops.

Quote:
where did you manage to find the 1/4" fittings?
I did a search for retailers of John Guest Fittings and found a place in Victoria.

Quote:
What was it designed for or does the size of tank matter.
There is two full containers of ARM in that reactor. I am sure it can handle a very large system with a high Ca demand.

Quote:
P.s. Stop reading the board and hit the books lol
Heading back again right now. Have a lot of code to write this evening. Lots. sigh. P.S. welcome the the board.

Quote:
Effluent means "processed" water out to tank right
Exactly.

Quote:
I'm still a little confused about the workings of a calcium reactor.
You are in a great place to learn all about it. Do some searches here and you will find TONS of info. I'd sit an explain it more but I really don't have tons of time tonight.

Quote:
Could you please explain the vinyl tubings in your design.
Ok. First set of tubing is for injecting water into the reactor from the tank. This is fed by a small pump like a mini jet or something like that into the intake of the recirculation pump. A second tube is used for the effluent returning to the tank. A third is for injecting CO2 into the reactor to decrease the pH of the reactor's water, this as well is injected into the intake of the recirculation pump so the CO2 is chooped up into finer bubbles. I have one extra tube running in mine. Is is arecirculation loop that removes any excess CO2 collecting at the top of the reactor and reintroduces into the pump to be chopped up and put back into solution.

HTH

Ciao guys. Need to write some code now.

Cheers

Beauty fades....
Stupid is forever......

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)