View Single Post
Old 12/25/2007, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

I am with you on no exposed equipment in the tank, but as stated you can hide the wave boxes pretty easily. And the wave box extentions are simply another wavebox without a controller. You just hook them all into one controller and go.

And you can hide a tunze on a waveysea as well. Two ways Ive done this are to get a tunze rock(or just zip tie a few rocks around your tunze) and glue some frags to it and go. It actually is pretty neat seeing a rock covered in zoo's rotate about.

The other way is to use a PVC pipe to extend the waveysea output down into your rocks and just stack your rocks around it with a ledge overtop. Trust me unless your looking for it you wont see it. I do this with most powerheads anyway.

And just a note the waveysea/seaswirl does not have to be hooked to any return or anything. In a few cases they are simply used to rotate the power head.

Its all a matter of placement and spending some time with your rocks. Trust me on this one, if you just get a basic idea of what you want, then place your flow devices, then work the rock around it, it will work out. If it doesnt take it apart and start over. Spending a whole day...or two...or three even..on your rockwork will pay off.

And dont just give up and go, thats what happens and people get a wall of rock at best and that looks like crap and there is alot of it