View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 12:12 AM
Parrot head

You guys nailed it thanks. I had never seen flatworms before and the infestation happened over a period of time and I never really noticed. The coral was absolutely covered!

I moved the mushroom last night thinking that's what was causing the distress. It looked a bit better about an hour after the lights came on but wasn't good by any means. You can see where the mushroom was burning it.

As I had never seen flatworms before and couldn't find anything that looked like that after search I waited until a buddy of mine got off work to have a look. He agreed. He also said I had red bugs on a tri-color! The darned things are too small for me to see. That's it no more just dipping, everything gets dipped and qt'd for at least a week before it gets into the display from now on. It could have been worse though.

An hour after lights on:

Dipping, that's a 2 gallon bucket with 5 drops of flatworm exit as recommended:

15 minutes later...:

I swished it in another bucket of tank water and put it in the prop section for now, easier to get to. I'll see how it is tomorrow. I want to make sure as when the coral retracted there where a lot of worms down in the body of the coral. I'll be treating the entire tank next week for the flatworms as well as the redbugs.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again