View Single Post
Old 01/29/2007, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

I believe that climate change is occurring--I believe that part of the change may be natural. I also believe that mankind is contributing in ways that are extrememly detrimental. Groan if you choose, but I bow my head in absolute humility to Mother Nature's true magnificence. I am awestruck at the beauty of the oceans, deserts, jungles, and mountains. I weep knowing that gorillas are poached inasmuch as their hands are used for ashtrays. I cry realizing that very few (if any) white bengals live in the wild. I hang my head as I watch garbage hills grow higher, and higher, and higher... I am frightened when smog is so dense that one can hardly see. I quiver as I see fish floating because their habitat has been poisoned by supposedly the brightest animals on earth. When my son was 9 he wanted to pray--he wanted to ask God to please take care of the people who were alive when the sun burns out. He asked me what I thought would happen to them. I responded, "Sweetheart, if we don't begin to nurture our planet, it simply won't matter."