Thread: wifes
View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

I know how you feel. Before we downgraded from a 75 gallon to a 38, my wife hated the tank. And justifiably so: poorly planned setup that had wires and ballasts everywhere. Even the calc. reactor was on the floor next to the tank And it was loud. At the new house she agreed to a downsized, more organized, simplified reef tank after a bout of anger as a result of a messy tank tear-down hours before our buyers' final walk-though. Now, I actually prefer the smaller setup. It's easy and worry-free.

Now, she's indifferent... at least to the corals. She never stops to take good look at the tank beyond a quick glance. She does genuinely care for the fish though and was sad when we had to give the yellow tang back to the lfs. She's also likes our 6 year old clownfish and would be upset if it died.

I guess considering how much cash I dumped into the 75 gallon I'm thankful that she was patient enough to let me spend more money on a small setup - about $1500. She might not be that interested but she does understand that I've kept aquariums for over 20 years and that they're important to me.