View Single Post
Old 05/09/2007, 05:39 PM
Premium Member

Loved the original thread Darrell and eventually found this one as well and thank-you for putting your experiences into words, I know that must have been quite hard and time consumning. I haven't had my elegance long but the polyps are all extending and it is feeding quite well, I dont have to target feed it because I do see some success from my regular feeding regime and the elegance definetely closes up around this time so I can only assume its feeding on something. I havent tried a target feed as yet (next on my list) but will try with some small brine shrimp (if that seems reasonable to you). Its in a large tank, on the sand (buried in due to conical shape of the base) and extends very well under my 3 x 250W 14k MH which are supplemented for 2-3 hours (split dusk/dawn) with 2 x 58W blue actinics. No sign of polyps shrinking but what is the over sized oral disc ? I posted a pic of mine in your first post so I guess if you noticed any issues you would have said at the time. Thanks again, great write up.