View Single Post
Old 05/01/2007, 05:33 PM
always hungry

Quote:
Originally posted by kramgnik
Could you please elaborate on your study? Are there any controls in which there are established, healthy animals that were not exposed to other elegances' nor in the same system. Are the experimental conditions in the same tank or are they seperate?
Without an independant supplier it would be impossible for me to obtain an Elebance that I knew had not come into contact with other Elegance corals. I guess the closest thing I have to a control is my experiance and knowlage of these corals. The main question I am trying to answer is, What can the average aquarist do to keep these corals healthy. To answer this I have placed my corals in many different environments to find out what works and what doesnt. I know how a healthy coral reacts to different environments so I'm not sure what I would learn from having a healthy one here. I have used seperate systems during the course of my study but as of right now they are all in the same tank. Right now I am trying to prove (at least to myself) that this is not a contagion. I have 7 Elegances in different stages of this condition and one that shows no signs of it in the same tank. If this one and more that I purchase remain healthy living in this tank, that will be proof enough for me that it is not a contagion.