View Single Post
Old 03/29/2005, 10:09 AM
I'm not a morning person!

Thumbs up

I think I may hold the record for the length of time my zoo's were in transport and survived. I was out of town for the shipment day so arranged for my partner to send the frags to another club member so she could care for them until my return. When they didn't arrive I contacted my partner to learn that he had sent them to my home address instead of the alternate address. before leaving for vacation I had placed a hold on my mail deliveries so everything was held at the post office until my return. Sure enough, the frags had been held at the PO for six days so when I received them I was planning on receiving a putrefied mess. I was totally surprised when I opened the container and they looked ok. The were closed, but looking good otherwise. I slowly let them warm up and placed the in quarantine. Today they are starting to open up!! Six days in a cold dark thermos and the survived. It just goes to show just how tuff these little corals are.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap!