Thread: EuroReef Club
View Single Post
Old 12/14/2007, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by happyface888
Does anyone have any recommendations to quiet down a sedra 2500? My bro has a rs80 in his setup but the pumps pretty loud. Is there something that can be done about this?
yeah there are a few things you can do. For the pump, you will need to find some way to prevent it from vibrating against the bottom of the sump. I initially used suctin cups under the sedra and this works well. THe only problem was that the pump and skimmer were now unlevel. So i'm trying out silicon mats used for cooking and placing the skimmer and pump on those. These are the same type of silicon mats that you would buy at a kitchen store and are used to place hot pans on. They can also be trimmed to size. To prevent noise from the airline, build a silencer. THere are some instructions on the previous page. Last is the gurgling noise on the outflow pipe of the skimmer. I plan to resubmerge mine to reduce the noise and then drill a small hole at the top of the PVC elbow to vent the air and release back pressure. Last, keep your cabinet door closed and turn up the TV Hope that helps,
FB