View Single Post
Old 05/10/2006, 04:04 PM
Premium Member

There are certain things I buy online and other I don't. I agree with you about being ripped off.

fit is going to be more important that getting a good deal. If you've tried on the BC and know the functions and the size is correct then get it where you can.

That being said don't be POed if the Local shop charges out the yang to service it.

I got a Zeagle Ranger from the local store. I haven't paid one penny for the annuals. And the relationship that is formed with them is important.

However I do buy no essential life support gear online and be damned on the warranty.

The price difference from online to the Local store was closet o 200 bucks but, it's paid for it self many times over. Even if I do something stupid Zeagle stands behind it.

SO... That being said. Talk to the Owner/Manager most of the time They will be willing to give you a deal. And even better they may know someone who is willing to sell thier gear at a steal and you still can get the warranties honored.

Do you like Jacket style BCs or Winged? How much diving will you do? Any Caving or Wrecking?

Enjoy the sport. Where else can you see what we've seen... Not ON this earth... Rather IN it.

Dive In

HTH